As promised from our St Patrick’s Day dessert table, Luck o’ the Irish, here is the recipe to the best Rice Krsipy treat you will ever bite into! My sister-in-law exposed me to these AMAZING inventions…. Carmel Rice Krispy Treats! They seriously are the best Rice Krispy creations/ dessert I have ever tried. I can’t stop eating them. What’s even better is they are easy to make. We have all made Rice Krispy Treats, now there is just one more step. Also, they can be decked out for any holiday. We made ours green for St Patty’s Day. They turned out beautiful for our St Patrick’s Day Printable Collection photo shoot.
I have kept you waiting long enough here is the simple recipe.
Make a normal pan of Rice Krispy Treats (we just used the one on the box)
Rice Krispy Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons of butter
1 10 oz. package of regular marshmallows or 4 cups of mini marshmallows
6 cups of Rice Krispies
2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups corn syrup
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Melt butter over sauce pan on low.
2. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
3. Mix in Rice Krispies until evenly coated.
Microwave Directions for a quicker & mess free way:
1. Melt butter in the microwave about 20-35 secs depending if your butter is room temperature or frozen.
(If you are coloring your Rice Krispies like we did- add food coloring after your butter is melted and mix well.
2. Add marshmallows put in microwave for 1 minute. Stir well and the marshmallows will soften. If not completely melted put in for another 30 seconds.
3. Add your Rice Krispies.
4. Place in buttered 9×13 pan. Make sure the Rice Krispies are packed in. ( You can use a bottom of a measuring cup to do this so it doesn’t stick to your fingers)
While those are cooling you can make your carmel. You can use store bought and just melt the cubes, but I would suggest using All Recipes Carmel Recipe… it makes such a difference.
All Recipe Carmel Recipe
1. In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, 1 cup cream and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring often, then stir in remaining 1 cup cream.
2. Heat, without stirring, to 242 degrees F (116 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into a cold water forms a firm but pliable ball. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
3. Pour over Rice Krispy Treats.
I sprinkled some festive St Patty’s Day and white sprinkles… they didn’t even melt!
Enjoy!!! They are seriously delicious!!!! I can’t stop eating them…