Hello! I wanted to share these easy sprinkle striped sugar cookie decorating tip. I know you can make gorgeous cookies using royal frosting, but I wanted something easy and still taste delicious! Here are step by step directions on how to make these lovelies.
You will need sugar cookies, frosting, (2) pieces of card stock (I used white) and sprinkles…. LOTS of sprinkles of all different shapes, sizes, kinds and colors. Explore and have fun with it.
1. We are going to start out with a already frosted sugar cookie (this could be any size or shape…. I did an egg shape for Easter!) The frosting can be any color or white to give a base tot he other sprinkles.
2. Place your card stock across you frosted sugar cookie. (You can place it diagonal, straight or vertical.) It might stick a little to the frosting, but that is okay.
3. Sprinkle on your first sprinkles. This doesn’t have to be exact.
4. Remove the card stock and place at the same angle up to whatever thickness you want your stripe to be. Place the clean card stock over the already sprinkled part of the cookie.
5. Sprinkle on your next layer. Maybe you want a 2 tone or same color sprinkles, but different texture or shape.
6. Scrape off the frosting from the cardboard (if any) and Repeat until you have a striped cookie!
For this one I just sprinkle 2 different kind of sprinkles creating a “polka dot” with mini perils. I sprinkled the round perils on first then covered the rest with the same colors dusting sprinkles.
You can make a multi colored striped sprinkled cookie.
or you can make a multi colored sprinkled cookie. After having made many striped cookies I had lots of sprinkles covering my plate I used to keep the sprinkles from going everywhere, when I realized a beautiful mix of colors and shapes and that it would make a fun cookie to. So you can use the left over sprinkles from your other cookies or make a custom sprinkles mix for the right color scheme.
Just a little glimpse into my highly professional set up lol! I love decorating my sugar cookies on this square platter. It is from Crate and Barrel. I love it because it’s flat enough to lay large cookies flat, but has a slight rim the keeps most of my sprinkles contained. I found it easier to have all my sprinkles out and around so I couple play with lots of options!